Our Winter Video Contest went so well! I thought we should give the students more time to put together a fun creative video as well as give them something to keep them motivated over the summer so we are having a Summer Video Contest!
The rules are similar to last time:
- All entrants must be a member of our voice studio.
- Your song must be memorized and you must be the lead singer.
- Dress the part and be creative! Creativity is the key this time around!
- Your song must be on the approved song list on our studio website
Here are the song choice rules:
- Classical: by approval from me
- Musicals: originally opened in the 1950s or the 1970s.
- Pop/Rock: needs to have been one of the top hits of the year according to Billboard Charts at this website, during the 1960s or 1980s. http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/top-100-songs-of-the-year. Please use this page as a reference, however you can use any pop/rock/r&b/country song from the 1960s and 1980s.
The most important feedback the judges gave for our last contest included a desire for more creativity in the actual creation of the video. Because of this, we are going to give more points to those videos that ‘step it up’ with cool costumes and scenery as well as to those who really look like they are having fun!
Most students have received a hand-out regarding the judging and deadlines but you can review them here on the website as well. There will be updates about how to vote when we get closer to the submission date.
Have a blast singing this summer!